Hotels near Bergen Airport Norway
My guide to the best Bergen Airport Norway Hotels
When you're flying in to Bergen, Norway's Second City and the Gateway to the Fjords, you may be looking for a hotel close to the airport, especially if you're arriving late or flying out early.Bergen Airport, or Flesland as it is also known, with its new and modern terminal, as well as the surrounding area, have undergone significant improvement and regeneration lately. Now you have no shortage of hotel options within walking distance of the airport, as well as a number of hotels a short distance away by car or light rail.
Hi, I'm Chris, and I've been spending time in Bergen, the Gateway to the Fjords, since I was a young child, visiting family who live close to the city, on the island of Askøy.With a career spanning nearly two decades in the hotel and tourism industry, I've created this guide to help tourists and business travellers who are visiting Bergen and need quality, comfortable hotel accommodation close to the airport.
Best Hotels near Bergen Airport Norway
My guide to the best hotels near Bergen Airport is below, with links to book online via Booking.com - if you click and book using these links I may receive a small commission which helps me to maintain this guide, at no extra cost to you!
Comfort Hotel Bergen Airport
A short walk from the airport terminal, the Comfort Hotel Bergen Airport is a good choice if you're flying in late or departing early. After getting through passport control and picking up your luggage, you can be relaxing in your room in under 10 minutes.
A short walk from the airport terminal, you'll be checking in within a few minutes of picking up your luggage.
Unique barception concept where you can check-in and also grab a drink after a long day of travel.
An excellent choice if you're departing early or arriving late at Norway's second largest airport.
A modern, no-frills hotel that is part of the Nordic Choice Hotels group, the Comfort Hotel Bergen Airport's rooms are tastefully decorated with wooden floors, comfortable beds, and excellent bathrooms. Check-in is available via an app, which includes an NFC room key, so you can completely bypass the reception desk if you choose to.The wifi is super fast, and each morning a breakfast buffet is served with plenty of hot and cold options, with the smoothies, yoghurts and overnight oats being my favourite additions.Additional facilities at the Comfort Hotel Bergen Airport include a 'Barception' area where you can relax, get a drink and a meal, and even play small games such as tabletop football, as well as a small gym which guests can make full use of.I have stayed in this hotel many times, overnight, for a few days, and even for a month on a discounted rate when I needed a base in Bergen for work. My parents also recently stayed at the hotel on the first flight from Newcastle to Bergen, and had nothing but positive things to say about their stay at this popular Bergen Airport hotel.
Another hotel close to the airport terminal, the Scandic Flesland, western Norway's largest conference hotel, is a good choice for business.
Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport
A full service hotel a short stroll from the terminal, with high quality rooms, and an exciting Kitchen & Table restaurant concept.
Thon Hotel Bergen Airport
Two stops away on the Bybanen Light Rail, the Thon Hotel is an excellent choice for business travellers visiting the nearby business parks.
Quality Hotel Edvard Grieg
Business-focused hotel close to the airport, the Quality Hotel offers everything you need for a comfortable stay during your time in Bergen.
Close to the airport on the Bybanen, the Scandic Kokstad also offers free car parking if you're hiring a car while you're visiting Bergen.
Further into the city centre, the Moxy is a new hotel with a focus on sustainability, with excellent views across the nearby fjord.
Bybanen Light Rail
The Bybanen Light Rail takes around 45 minutes to get from the airport all the way into the city, and is the easiest, cheapest and most eco friendly way to travel around Bergen.Download the Skyss Billett app to buy your tickets or use the ticket machines!
Flights from Newcastle to Bergen Norway
Newcastle Upon Tyne and Bergen have always enjoyed a deep connection thanks to a mutual understanding of culture, trade and support dating back decades, if not centuries. So much so that for over 70 years Newcastle has received the gift of a Christmas tree from the city of Bergen to symbolise the city’s gratitude to Newcastle for its support and friendship during the second world war.For many years there was a ferry connection between the cities, across the North Sea, but this was cancelled due to various economic issues. Since then, a number of airlines have tried to maintain a direct flight connection, without much success, most recently due to the Covid-19 pandemic.Now, Loganair have launched their long-planned route from as little as £101 per person with multiple weekly departures and generous luggage allowances. Additional flights to Bergen with a variety of airlines are also available from different regions of the UK, including London's major airports, but it's so good to see a direct flight connection restored.Visit the Loganair site to learn more >>
Flights from New York to Bergen Norway
United Airlines have also recently launched a direct flight from Newark New York (EWR) to Bergen Norway, with flights from as little as $586. Running throughout the Summer, this 3x weekly flight is now available to book.Visit the United Airlines site to learn more >>
Book a hotel near Bergen Airport
If you'd like a personal hotel recommendation for when you're visiting Bergen, help with making your hotel booking, or you are looking to make a group, conference or event booking, then please fill in the enquiry form below and I'll be happy to provide suggestions and services based on my decades of experience in Bergen.
Things to Do in Bergen Norway
Visit Bryggen, Bergen's UNESCO World Heritage Site made up of beautiful and historic wooden houses that were once the home of the Hanseatic League.Take a trip on the Fløibanen funicular to the top of Mount Fløyen, one of Bergen's seven mountains that offers panoramic views of the city.Visit Christieparken and see Christie Mølle, a historic water mill near Brann football stadium that is an excellent photo opportunity.Take the Bybanen Light Rail to Fantoft Stave Church, which was rebuilt in 1992 after being destroyed by a fire.Enjoy traditional Fish Soup and Fishcakes at Søstrene Hagelin - this is where the locals head for lunch every day!
EmailUsage Data includes the following:Internet Protocol (IP) address of computers accessing the site
Web page requests
Referring web pages
Browser used to access site
recommend you review the privacy practices of other websites you interact with and determine the adequacy of those practices.CONTACT USFor any questions, please contact us through the following methods:Name: Christopher NaylorAddress: Skuteviksbodene 1-2, 3rd Floor, 5035, Bergen, NorwayEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: https://bergen-airport-hotels.comFor any queries or concerns you have related to the processing of your information, you may contact our Privacy Officer at Christopher Naylor, email@example.com.
<<Back to HomepageTERMS OF WEBSITE USEPLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
https://bergen-airport-hotels.com is a site operated by Christopher Naylor ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 13827543 and have our registered office at 35 Langmere, Spennymoor, Durham, DL16 6UW.CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.ACCESSING OUR SITE
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
· use of, or inability to use, our site; or
· use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
· loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
· business interruption;
· loss of anticipated savings;
· loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
· any indirect or consequential loss or damage.If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.RIGHTS YOU LICENCE
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant the following licenses:• A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the services provided by our site and across different media and to promote the site or services; and
• A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to allow third parties to use the content for their purposes.
We will only ever use your materials to carry out your instructions to us – unless, very exceptionally, a court or other regulator orders us to disclose them.VIRUSES
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgTHIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.APPLICABLE LAW
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our site.<<Back to Homepage
<<Back to HomepageThis acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website lowkeytravel.co.uk (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.bergen-airport-hotels.com is a site operated by Christopher Naylor (we or us). Our registered office at 35 Langmere, Spennymoor, Durham, DL16 6UW.PROHIBITED USES
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.· In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.You also agree:· Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use· Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:• any part of our site;
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.INTERACTIVE SERVICESWe may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:· Chat rooms.
· Bulletin boards.
· BlogsWhere we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.Content StandardsThese content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.Contributions must:
· Be accurate (where they state facts).
· Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
· Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
· Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
· Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
· Promote sexually explicit material.
· Promote violence.
· Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
· Be likely to deceive any person.
· Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
· Promote any illegal activity.
· Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
· Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
· Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
· Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
· Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
· Issue of a warning to you.
· Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
· Further legal action against you.
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICYWe may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.<<Back to Homepage